Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dear investigating officer



Dear Investigating Officer


I hate to bother you as you worry about whatever it is you worry about, as you tuck into your Kenflucky Flied Chiggen. I don't mean to ask you, for the eight - or is it now the ninth time - if you have managed to even get off your chair and engage with us.


I'm not sure what the progress of my THREE cases with you is. The last time I checked you told me that unless I know "who the culprit is, we can not give it to an investigating officer" after you closed the first case. I know the second time you assumed that the fingerprint division was on off for the weekend, so the first chance you had at getting hard evidence was spoiled because you decided that it could wait. *sigh*


In all the spare time I have waiting for you, I though I might take the trouble to find out the meaning of the word "investigation" for you because I believe that the trainers at the Police College may well have forgotten that in your glossary of terms. But as I did my research I discovered what the problem is. I now think I can definitively declare it. You see Mr Officer, and investigation is defined as "the work of inquiring into something thoroughly and systematically". I think systematic and thorough are well covered by the tedious protocol you use to take my statement. It's the work that gets you, isn't it? The seriousness of the crime just does not warrant the effort does it?


You see, Mr Investigating officer, I was under the impression that my hard earned tax money meant that you are actually a public servant, and you should serve me and the rest of those hurt directly or indirectly by the criminal activities around us. I wonder, will someone have to die before you start to investigate?


Anyway - I'm done talking to a disembodied voice on the other side of the phone. I just thought I would write a little public letter - for my friends (who also contribute to your salary). Tomorrow, I will bring the witnesses to you. Maybe you can do your job. Maybe you can't.


Right now - I don't think you give a fuck about me. But I also think you couldn't be arsed about the people that would definitely suffer if we decided to say: "To hell with it - we're going to rather employ the fruits of our labour elsewhere!" Your failure to care just a little bit, Mr Officer, might just mean that one day soon, the 130 people or so that work here with me will no longer be able to feed, clothe and house the over 300 people that depend on them!


So, thanks for nothing - so far! We hope that we can crack the case ourselves.

Blooms that sould beat (some sense into you!)

6 comments:

  1. And then people wonder why I choose not to join the SAPS after they closed the Scorpions down. Good luck getting any kind of an intelligent or response from them.

    What I can suggest is that you report your case's non progress to the SAPS's Independent Complaints Division noting all the events, people you dealt with, their responses and time lines.

    If you really want to be a bitch go to the police station in your jurisdiction, make an appointment with the station commander, explain what happened (record it) and if nothing is done, add the contents of that meeting to your complaint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame Bud, I feel your pain. I'm dealing with a criminal matter for some clients and I'm getting more answers from my steering wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, what? untill you know who did it, they pretty much can't "investigate"? but what's the use of "investigating" if you know the answer? yikes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. a police trainer at College mentioned that it will be easier to teach a rock about investigating ect.... what does that tell you?
    training seems to be a useless exercise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone.. for comment, words of sympathy, empathy and even advise.

    In update then:

    I dedicated the whole day after this post to getting things attended to. Ferryed witnesses and ultimately even the suspects to the Cop shop.

    In the end though it seems just useless. We had just shy of 2000m (yes - almost 2 km's!) of illuminating cable, 1100 lightbulbs and lamp holders removed from a greenhouse on Satruday night...

    I'm seriously contemplating shooting our nightwatch through the skull just to see if it really is a empty as he makes out.

    anyway... thanks all!

    ReplyDelete