Friday, July 10, 2009

Real life journalled... for anyone who's interested

'Tis been very very very very cold of late. This morning it was a frigid -5 deg C outside one of our greenhouses! Blegh. Even when it's that cold I find cause to sing, all be it the lyrics go: "My toes are froze - and so is my noze." (to a source tune I can no longer recall). And now, to top it all off, the daytime highs are reeeeedicewlouly high. It's over 25 deg today. I can't plan a workday wardrobe around this!!! THIS IS CRAZY STUFF!!!!



Anyway, I've been so bleedingly hectic the past couple of weeks that I didn't get a chance to squeeze in even a 'cheat post' last week.



There's that saying: 'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade'

I'm reclaiming that: 'When life gives you curveballs, somethings gotta go out of the park'.



I can't say too much right now other than things are a tad topsy turvy at work at the moment, but I have both an uphill battle and a rapidly strengthening strategic position developing. So the out of the park phrase, for those not familiar with baseball, refers to either going out (a biiiig negative) or of course the famous home run... I think I'm on the verge of a potential home run - but I've yet to have the ball pitched at me.



There's also the gathering pace of mine and CV's wedding plans. We've appointed our best men. And they've been so briliant already!! Tomorrow evening we're off to confirm our booking at the venue (I hope). The venue is our mutual favourite and it would be a huge shame not to get things on the go there. We love you CD!!!



To day has flown by like a busy Monday - but TGIF!!!! All I need to do now is leave my office on time for a change so I can get the shops to get a haircut and buy some sorely missed moisturiser. Highveld winters wreak havok on my skin!



With any luck - I'll be able to find a gap to post something deep and thought provoking in the milieu of my 'goings on' pretty soon. Otherwise it'll be the odd blob - now and then.



Ciao4Now

7 comments:

  1. it is cold. i wear socks and slippers at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep and meaningful is often overrated.....I am all about IRL posting as you will have noticed. Good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. allie says:
    Mel beat me to it -
    I was gunna say: "Don't worry about being deep and meaningful. Shallow and trivial works just fine for us as long as we hear from you."
    Good to hear now though

    ReplyDelete
  4. allie says:
    I challenge you to do the meme, FJ.I'd really like to hear what you have to say.
    Check my blog for details or ask CV if you don't know what I'm on about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank says:
    @scrapintimes: thank goodness for thick winter socks.

    @everyone: the deep and meaningful was almost tongue in cheek... Almost ;0)

    @allie: would you believe that's exactly what I'd intended to do! Then I got going with my update and hey presto! A post was born.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the everyday stuff... I'll be seeing you next week, the babies are coming on Friday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. allie says some more stuff:
    SOOOO don't believe you about the deep and meaningful.
    Deep and meaningful is how you are wired.
    Or else I don't know like I think I do
    :-)
    And -
    Yay!
    Glad to hear you gunna do the meme.
    Don't forget now

    ReplyDelete