Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday mumblings

It's a busy line-up this weekend:

There's a smashing 3rd place play off against a bunch of Spaniards. I believe Wimbledon is on the go, which is also smashing I'm told...

I have a dinner this evening with one of CV's old school buddies and his partner of ten years... I'm really looking forward to that - ;0)!


Then there's my future-sister-in-law's engagement party (ring in with strains of Zorba the Greek, whilst dodging breaking crockery and back light with Uzo). Whoop-whoop! or is that Opah!! Anywayy, what would mumbling on this Friday be without mentioning Michael Jackson, the thrilling moon walker who re-shaped pop, by crossing over between black and white (musically and otherwise) in the late seventies and early eighties...


I was browsing the worlds news channels gauging 'the wires' on the passing of MJ. I could lay on a homage - but there are plenty of obituaries already doing the rounds. What can I say other than: Sheesh - he was ONLY 50!!! His music is definitely a part of the soundtrack to my life. And, me thinks in many ways he really was a tortured soul. RIP-MJ.


And whilst bumbling through those sites I found this sight about a guy who does art (at £1000 a pop mind you) on egg cartons..... It really is amazing. If anyone knows this artist personally, please let him know I have a room that still needs an egg carton treatment. I'll supply the cartons...

And on that wacky note. I bid thee a happy (and gay if you're that way inclined) weekend!


Ciao4Now

PS - my goodness, blogging's much easier when you're playing a hyperlinking continuity writer... lol!

2 comments:

  1. i just love writing a linky-post. although it does feel a little like cheating sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg carton art! Just the thing to soundproof certain areas in my home .... hmmmm

    ReplyDelete