Monday, March 16, 2009

More bits in between... Engaging stuff

It feels like an age since I last posted, and it is! Almost a week ago I was commenting on how I was taking back the baton for my brother whilst he went on holiday. I can't lie and tell you it's been a walk in the park. In fact it's been a bit of a wake up call.
I shan't, for once, bore you with all the details mostly because I just don't have the time right now and secondly it might bore you to tears.
Waking up at something past two has not been an easy re-adjustment. I agree with CV - I don't know how I do it. But more so, now that I'm used to sleeping in (so to speak) - I don't know how I did it for nearly 5 years - not too long ago, or how my folks did it for more than 30! Here's a little view of the processing end of the business taken from my desk in the corner...

It's 4am - and we're on the go with Flowers!



After work, it's off to gym, home for dinner and a short spot of telly interspersed with a focus on making sure I have everything ready from lunch to my clothing for the next day. It's not the best way for me to spend my evenings as CV ad I barely get time to connect. All I hope is that CV has the patience to see it through for the next week... It's just 6 more (short) sleeps to go! YAY!
So, please forgive me if the posts are a little scarce in the coming days. I don't want to sound like a moaner, I love the thrill of the chase - but I don't think I'll be settling into this job any time soon again...


And in other news...

This weekend was uber chilled. Saturday evening we stayed in and ate take out. CV went out to get stuff to cook but got my hint that I was very, very keen for a bit of Pizza. So he returned from the supermarket with Pizza for me and Schwarma for him. We watched a bit of tell and then he got a call from his sister JV.

And so, it was announced: The last unhitched V in CV's family is going to change that. My future sister-in-law (and no, there are still no firm dates yet for CV and myself) JV got engaged on the weekend. Her man P took them to see a spot of theater and he 'decided he didn't want to drive home', so he booked a boom at the hotel. His deft plan went off without a hitch...

I was with CV when they were speaking on the phone and CV, true to form, had tears streaming down his face. This time they were tears of joy. I'm so happy for them - I almost cried myself.

Talking about things going off without a hitch has reminded me of a friend of mine MG. He's a great, heart on his sleeve sort of guy - but he will tell you. If he planned it. Not too long ago he also decided it was time to pop the question to his now future bride D.

There was a grand plan, the perfect plan.. Think of Lionel Ritchie and and you should also think of romantic music. If I recall correctly, there was also a hotel room booked. But when they got there, for whatever reason he had to leave his jacket in the car. The family heirloom engagement ring was in his jacket pocket. Needless to say there was some distress on his part. And poor un-suspecting D was a tad put out by his irrational fear of leaving the jacket in the car.

Determined not to take the risk of leaving the ring in the car, MG decided he would throw his original plan out the window and promptly dropped to one knee declaring the reason he could not leave the jacket in the car was because he could not leave the ring at risk. And there, with his patella grinding on the tarmac he proposed. Not the romance he'd hoped for no doubt - but as it turned out, will always be a more romatic tale in the long run.

And now - it's time to get back to the grindstone - there's deaslines to be chased..
Ciao 4Now

5 comments:

  1. 5:15am? Good grief. Thank goodness it's only for another week.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes indeed - and readin back now I see how trying to squeeze a post in just does not work quite so well as it should..

    My fingers must have still been asleep - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - 2.30am?? Ouch!! The only thing in the world that has ever roused me out of bed at such an ungodly hour has been my newlyborn offspring... and if they weren't so darn cute, I probably would have eaten them for breakfast!
    Well - "vasbyt" - as they say, for the next 6 short sleeps...
    Love the pic BTW - I love seeing a glimpse into other peoples working worlds... a world away from mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Frank. Hang in there as Kirsty said! The end is in sight... Had to smile at your story of the 'proposal change in plan' - you're right, sometimes those spontaneous events make for the best tales in later years! Enjoy whats left of the week - you're probably awake for more of it than the rest of us! :) Caio. L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only a few more, um, sleeps, and it will be over...

    shoo

    ReplyDelete