Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Weighty issues

I feel like have absolutely nothing to say... Hmm, lets see...

Rambler suggested (compliments of Stephen King) that we should just write. And so write I shall. Let's see what comes to mind. (*moments pass, the sound of the ticking clock almost overwhelming me*)


I'm a little distressed, CV is on 'deadline' and it's not a nice time for him. I can't really relate or offer any real support, 'cause my kind of deadlines sound much less intense. All I can do at any given time is "listen to him when he needs to speak, about the world he lives in and life in general". I wish him all the best with the hecticness (is that a real word?) of the deadlines looming and hope it all gets done. NO, actually, I know it will!!




And recently, CV and I've gone a bit 'diet' mad. Well it's not mad really, let's call it very very attentive. We both eat wholesome food. But, never in my life have I been so aware of the make up of carb's, proteins, kilojoules, fats etc. in what we eat.
Now, if you who know me personally, will think - but what on earth would Frank want to worry about his diet for!?! The answer is, I'm not picking up weight. I weigh in at 77.8kg's at the end of the week and start the following Monday about 1.5 kg's lighter! My target weight is just 80. You'd think I'd reach that in no time! I did, but the sad conclusion must be, I'm not eating enough!
So now the objective is to pick up the kilo's very responsibly. You know, to get in the right amounts of the right stuff...

CV has his own perceptions of himself that I don't share. But they are noted and we'll work together towards his goals too (as you'll note in a few of his previous posts). In any event there's been a fair amount of time doing quite a bit of reading - and there are no declarations yet. But if when it's all figured out - I may just reveal my plan to a heavier me!

7 comments:

  1. Hiya Frank, fact of the matter is that picking up weight is waaaayyyy better than having to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true, too true.

    I actually started gymming after I noticed my belly was wobbling over my seatbelt when I was driving(85kg's).

    So, I changed the diet and hey presto the kilo's kept melting and melting. I've obviously reached a balancing point, but an extra few kilo's wouldn't kill me.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny, cos from a woman's perspective, I wish I could battle to put on weight! I wish I could start the week "lighter" but of course, we all wish for what we don't/can't have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - I had a feeing this post would befuddle/irritate a few people with my deire to put on weight...

    But hey - like you said - we can't always have what we want - and it seems I can't get my 2.5kg's - - -

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have your 2.5 kilo's

    carrying them safely on my belly... let me know when you want them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with kitty cat on this one.... not befuddled /irritated - just wish that i could lose what you want to put on (actually double that! ;) LOL. Caio. L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rambler - call me to arange a meeting. My number is 555-934442(weight) - lol!

    and @Lisa - Maybe my word choice was a little strong there... but that's what came to my fingertips first, so I went with that. But yeah - I hear y'all. For most people it's a desre to loose weight - not gain.
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete