Monday, January 26, 2009

Curiouser and curiouser

(picture 'courtesy' of Disney)

It's been a very strange day today. So much so, I thought I'd write it down in the hope of getting it out of my system.

There's only one way to describe how I'm feeling right now: 'WIRED!!!!'

It's got me somewhat confounded 'cause I can't for the life of me figure out why. I've had no more coffee than usual and I haven't taken any medication.

Unfortunately I've also got all the side effects of consuming to much coffee or a handful of semi-legal diet pills...

I'm a bit hyperactive, fidgety, emotional and I dare say bordering on irrational - the only difference is my appetite is monstrous!!!


Any ideas!?!?!?!

The only thing that I can think of that's even remotely different from usual is I have had a couple of days of 'tapped' into my emotional side.

First there were two movies I saw this weekend: Apt Pupil and Happy Endings... to which I had unusually emotional responses, but for vastly differing reasons. Then there was a letter I wrote to an old friend, who I sense just needs someone to talk to and has no where to turn. All of which has been marked by dreams that have been remarkably vivid - including a scene in which I was playing baseball (don't ask, I couldn't tell you).

Then today, there was CV's intimation that being in Jozi has left him feeling torn. We've discussed it a number of times before, but today I got a little weepy when I got his e-mail about it and read the subsequent post.


And finally - just a few moments ago, I lost my cool. I won't go into details other than to say that if I had a penchant for violence, someone would have been hurting right now.

Could it be that being around people that are naturally more emotionally involved in their daily lives is causing me to be the same? If I were in a bar, I'd be boldly declaring that someone spiked my drink!

How curious!!!

Anyway, I'm going to head off to gym and do some cardio till I can't anymore - hopefully that'll settle me down. A long chat with CV will probably help to... ;0)

6 comments:

  1. Told you the blues are going around...

    will talk to you later

    *elephant shoe*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously wont be using the elephant shoe anymore cos I am getting a feeling about that....

    I know you will feel better after gym. I always crank it up til those endorphins slap me around the head happily.

    Keep us posted and I do hope you feel waaaay better tomorrow.

    ((hugs)
    From Mel btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. There sure are some strange mood swings going around these days, no?

    I must say, now that I've met you and seen this muscular macho guy, I'm having a bit of dificulty processing this mail :-)

    But - hope you feel back to your normal self soon anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. How right you are Mel..

    There's a little Internet cafe at the gym (virgin active, of course)... and I've just done an intense cycling, ab and swiming session.

    It seems I should use more energy at work in future to prevent my hyper-drive system kicking in and making me all crazy like.

    What a relief!!

    :-)..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does all sound weird. Hope you feel more normal tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right as rain today... YAY!!

    @Mel - -maybe Rambler and I will start a bladerdash game to see what 'elephant shoe' means...

    ReplyDelete