Saturday, January 24, 2009

LOST

For those of you who love TV series - I hear Season 5 of LOST has started airing in the States. My freind JoneS is beside himself with anticipation. But that's not what this post is about.

This is about losing stuff. It drives me round the bend when I loose stuff. It's irritating, especially since I'm very good at perpetually only losing specific 'classes' of items.

Keys, cellphones and wallets are all safe with me - but give me a 'flash drive', data card or an ID book - and I'll loose it.


In the past three years I've been through as many ID books and no less than six Flash Drives.


The other day, I brought the SD card for my digital photo frame to work so I could load up selected pictures from the recent holiday CV and I took to Cape Town and Fanschhoek. I even went so far as renaming the specific pics on the card, so that the pictures would be displayed in some kind of meaningful order.

As I was leaving work to go home (via the gym), I made a point of picking it up and even thought to myself, I should pop this tiny little thing into the USB hub thingy I've got. Of course, I got momentarily distracted and not only did I not pop the card into the USB hub - but I have no cooking clue where I put the damned thing!

Replacing it is not an issue - a 1GB card comes in at less than R100.00. It's the fact that I lost the thing in the 1st place that gauls me - and now the digital photo frame is back to square one - BLANK. Argh!

Chances are I'll stumble upon it again some time in the distant future and be overjoyed - but for a short while to come, I'll be irritated by this inconvenience.

As a footnote, it's an election year - I've managed to hold onto my current ID for the past few months - lets see how I fare till then.

5 comments:

  1. My lost photos (from my post 2wks ago) have still not turned up. I, like you, become utterly insane when I lose stuff. Its just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! I saw your post just as I finished watching the 2 new episodes of LOST I downloaded from the US. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently DH's car keys went missing: in the morning as he was about to leave for a very important.
    We ALWAYS keep the keys in the same place (supposedly)
    Eventually I told him to just take my car and go and I carried on looking.

    I got worried when they were not in any of the logical places coz then you KNOW they could be anywhere: like the fridge or bathroom cabinet.
    You know, the absent-minded thing.

    I eventually found them in the drawer where I keep all the battery chargers!

    By which time I was practically frothing at the mouth so I getcha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was supposed to read:
    "very important meeting"
    Aaargh!

    ReplyDelete