Sunday, February 8, 2009

Somebody

CV and I did a few things that were pretty mundane today, I registered to vote, we took the dogs for a walk, ambled through the mall and generally just enjoyed our Sunday as any couple might. But we did a few things out of the ordinary too.

I was always told, that when you've found your soul mate, you'll just know. And for some time now, I could think of nothing less - and ask for nothing more.

There's a beautiful song by Depeche Mode, that encapsulates it much better than I ever could. In fact, I even quoted from it when we spoke. Take a listen...



Today was also a very special day for us. Today, we said we'll be that somebody for each other.
I'm still smiling :0)

11 comments:

  1. A momentous day!

    I like to think of you both being happy
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto me mum & sis too...! (Have always loved Depeche Mode... even in the 80's)
    Caio. Lis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :0)...

    Ahhh!! At last - CV and I can fgure out who Lisa is...

    We've been asking each other for a while now - who is 'Anonymous Lisa'????

    Hi Lisa - nice to finally connect the dots - lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaah, what a gorgeious post! I'm so happy for the two of you becoz i know just how special it is to finally meet your soulmate after years of aimless wandering. much love and happiness to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool Frank, very, very happy for you!

    I love that song! I actually went out and got 101 on disc a year or two ago. I had it on vinyl and never got around to buying it on cd. I`m glad I did, that along with U2`s Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum is like the soundtrack to my high school years.

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah,that's great that you had such a good day and a wonderful connection. It's what we all deserve and need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Frank! It's nice to feel like a connected dot! ;-) LOL.

    Caio! Lis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just read CV's blog and had to pop over and say 'yay'
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to everyone who has sent us good wishes and congratulations...

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy for you and CV, true love is hard to find ;-)

    ReplyDelete